Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My First Meeting towards Social Change

Finally,After 7 long years, i had arrived in the land of southern dreams! - Chennai!. I was there to realize a dream too.

Sitting in an auto reminiscent of the days when i used to travel to the beaches, parks and local sites of chennai, heading to a popular coffee cafe - Amethyst. Whats my dream got to do with Coffee? i'll explain.

I was there to meet the founders of RangDe- one of the most proposing NGO's in the field of micro finance in the country. I had called Ms. Smitha a week before my arrival and we had discussed on certain ideas for the organisation. It was finally great to meet the people who started this organisation with a single aim to alleviate poverty. That completely coincides with my dream!

Did not take too long to get introduced to a group of 15 enjoying their cup of coffee. Apparently, it was the organisations second birthday, and i could not have got the timing better!

We started discussions on how we can improve our impact over a large scale and i had suggested that we involve various b-schools in this country to create direct impact by taking forward the beliefs and principles of RangDe (Micro Loans to create Big Impact)

A small discussion then began to spread among other members in the group and ideas starting pouring in. Was wonderful to be interacting with people from various corporate backgrounds and education backgrounds. Vibhore : who works for Texas Instruments is working full time with Rangde and part time with T.I after coming across RangDe.

Many such interesting stories but time was short as the founders had to leave for another meeting. By then the idea had a base, and gave me a platform for start work on it. Will always remember the day(26th Jan, 2010).

With this i start my blog on social change. I will discuss my experiences, ideas and more importantly look to interact with future change agents...

No comments:

Post a Comment